Below are resources relating to alternative or natural health modalities – including databases to help find a reputable practitioner.*
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Australian Register of Homeopaths - The Australian Register Of Homoeopaths (AROH) is the national register of accredited homoeopaths in Australia.
- Australian Homœopathic Association - The Australian Homœopathic Association is the largest and only national association of professional Homoeopaths in Australia, with branches throughout the country. Includes a database.
- Homeopathic Education & Research Association - The Homeopathic Education and Research Association (HERA) was formed in Melbourne 1983. Its aims and objectives are to help Australian homeopaths expand their knowledge and develop their competency in homeopathy.
Integrative Health Care
- Australasian Integrative Medicine Association - The Australasian Integrative Medicine Association (AIMA) is an independent not for profit organisation of individual medical practitioners seeking to provide whole person medical care by integrating evidence-based complementary medicine into the mainstrea
- Australian Osteopathic Association - The Australian Osteopathic Association (AOA) is the national professional body representing Osteopaths in Australia. Includes a "Find an Osteopath" directory.
*On our previous website NPM had a listing of natural health practitioners. However we found that as this listing became more extensive, it was time consuming to maintain and we had no way of judging the quality of the services provided in that listing. Registration bodies for health practitioners are a more reliable way to find reputable practitioners and we have linked to these instead. NPM does not endorse any particular health modality or practitioner.